Open-Ended Question



An open-ended question is a question that can't be answered with a simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, and instead requires a longer, more detailed response. 

Open-ended questions often start with "why", "how", or "what" and encourage participants to explore a topic by choosing what to share and how much detail to include. 

There are some examples:
- What are you thinking?
- What is your opinion about …
- Tell me about …
- Can you tell us …
- How do you …
- How did it happen?


Conversation 1
A: I'm having problems with my computer.
B: Tell me about the problem.
A: For some reason it won't turn on.
B: What have you checked the connections on your computer?
A: What connections?
B: Some cords connect your computer to a power outlet.
A: What will the cords keep it from turning on?
B: It won't turn on if the cords aren't connected.
A: I didn't think of that.
B: Try it and see if it works.
A: I think that I will, thanks.
B: It should work, but let me know if it doesn't.


Exercises

 






Popular posts from this blog

Fill Out A Form

Discussion Text

Narrative Text - Fase F